Eggs are an egg-cellent source of protein and Omega 3, they are a natural source of at least 11 different vitamins and minerals and antioxidants; which makes them a great addition to any healthy balanced diet.
This little recipe looks divine; as well as ridiculously good for you. Just looking at it is making me hungry.
Poached Eggs with Avocado and Feta Smash on Sourdough
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 60g crumbled feta cheese, goat or cow milk
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread (each serve)
1. To make the “smash”, place avocado halves in a bowl and fork through to create a rustic mash.
2. Add lemon juice, crumbled feta, chopped parsley, dill and chopped cherry tomato. Mix well.
3. Bring a medium shallow saucepan of water and vinegar to the boil. Break the egg into a small dish.
4. Reduce the heat, to the water, to a simmer. Carefully slide in the egg.
5. Repeat this process with remaining eggs.
6. Allow 3 – 4 minutes for poached eggs with firm whites and soft runny yolks. Cook longer for a firmer egg.
7. Remove with a slotted spoon, rest on a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
8. Smear Smash on toasted sourdough and top with two poached eggs.
Beauty and Lace is an online magazine for women. We hope you enjoyed this article!