Today I bring to you yet another treat from the wickedly delicious brand Loving Earth. I’ve tried many nut butters in my time and this one is definitely a contender to being my favourite thus far.
Loving Earth Raw Organic Coconut Chocolate Butter is free from cane sugar, is entirely gluten and dairy free, suitable for vegans and is low GI. This decadent butter only consists of four ingredients – three of which are organic and raw. Included in your delicious jar is –
- Coconut butter – (also known as coconut oil) a good source of healthy fat and has antibacterial properties
- Cacao Powder – a rich source of antioxidants
- Agave Syrup – unfiltered and a source of minerals and phytonutrients – a natural sweetener
- Sea Salt
Initial tastings find this to be somewhat bitter – much like dark chocolate – I however adore the bitter taste so this isn’t a problem to me. The addition of coconut oil adds a beautiful creaminess to the flavour – for those of you whom have never tried the delectable combination of chocolate and coconut – I highly suggest you must!
There are many ways in which you can use this product, including –
- A simple spread
- Warm and add to your preferred choice of milk
- Ice-cream topping
- On French toast, croissants
- Chocolate fondue
- An icing substitute for cakes/cupcakes
- Add to smoothies
- Or as the jar cheekily suggest – straight from the jar!
It’s also worth to point out that the texture is rather unique – in the cooler weather due to the coconut butter, it is rather hard and may need a little warming to help spread. I learnt this the hard way after trying to vigorously spread some onto the 11 year old’s bread, which as a result, ended up rather holey.
What’s your favourite spread to use? Does this product entice you?
RRP – 175g jar $8.95
Stockists – Available from good health food shops. Visit http://www.lovingearth.net for all important stockist details.
A lady with a love for words and all things bright, sweet and wonderful.