By Diane Blacklock
Taste was such an evocative sense; Andie had closed her eyes, with the scone melting in her mouth, and been transported back to her grandmother’s kitchen…
Nourishment is nurture. That’s what Andie learned from her grandmother and what she’s always believed about cooking. But somehow, since marrying Ross, she’s allowed her love of food to take a back seat and given up her dream of becoming a chef.
Lately she’s been craving more. And when her marriage falls apart, she’s determined to find herself again and take
back control of her destiny. The first step is taking a job in the kitchen of renowned chef Dominic Gerou. The brooding Englishman is more than Andie bargains for, but the new Andie is ready for anything, even a bad-tempered chef who makes it clear he won’t tolerate mistakes.
In this beautiful new novel, Dianne Blacklock takes us on a sumptuous journey of the heart as Andie uncovers the secret ingredient for her new life, and shows that no matter how many false starts you may have, if you hold on to your passion and your dreams, anything is possible.
About the Author:
Dianne Blacklock has been a teacher, trainer, counsellor, check-out chick, and even one of those annoying market researchers you avoid in shopping centres. Nowadays she tries not to annoy anyone by staying home and writing. The Secret Ingredient is her eighth book. You can read Dianne’s blog here: www.dianneblacklock.wordpress.com
We have 5 copies of the book to give away, for your chance to win one tell us what food holds the key to your heart.
You must be subscribed to the Beauty and Lace newsletter to enter. Competition closes November 30th 2011, midnight AEST.
[gravityform id=59 name=Winwith The Secret Ingredient]
Terms and conditions
– All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
– One entry per person.
– Prize not negotiable, and cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.
– Competition open to Australian residents only
– Entries are only valid if all required fields have been entered. No responsibility accepted for lost, late or misdirected entries.
– All entries become the property of Beauty and Lace. Entrants may automatically become a Beauty and Lace member and receive our newsletters, you may opt out any time. Your details will not be given or sold to any third parties unless required for claiming of the prize.
– We reserve the right to make changes to the prize and competition if required.
– Winners will be notified by mail or email.
Beauty and Lace is an online magazine for women. We hope you enjoyed this article!