Add some spice to your life with this recipe for Chilli Garlic Chicken Lettuce Wraps that uses Cholula Hot Sauce.
Switching the tortilla for lettuce is a lighter option, yet it doesn’t take away from the flavour:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 16 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 680g ground chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 julienne cut red capsicum
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Cholula Original or Cholula Chili Garlic Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced thinly
- 140g water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Rinse lettuce, separate whole leaves and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except chicken and lettuce.
- Over medium heat, cook chicken in skillet stirring frequently. After 5 minutes, while chicken is cooking, gradually add in the ingredients from mixing bowl. Cook until the meat is crumbled and brown. Remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture into centre of lettuce leaves, place two per plate and serve.
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x