Eggs are delicious. I sit here trying to find a perfect intro and I can’t get past Eggs are Delicious. They are staple in many households and an important addition to a healthy diet.
We have been approached to publish some delicious Egg recipes and how could I say no, eggs are such a delicious and versatile food that I rely heavily on; especially when I’m trying to shed a little weight.
Kale, bacon and egg salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ccooking time: 15 minutes
1 bunch curly kale
2 tablespoons light olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
300g streaky bacon
1/3 cup currants
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 spring onions
1 lemon, rind and juice
1. Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil for 5 minutes.
2. Drain and sit the eggs in cold water for 3 minutes.
3. Peel and cut eggs into large chunks, set aside.
4. Remove the stems from the kale leaves using a sharp knife.
5. Tear the leaves into bite size pieces into a large bowl.
6. Massage in the oil and salt with your hands, add the lemon juice and rind, toss well.
7. Cook bacon in a heavy based pan until crispy, rendering out the fat. Cut into small pieces and add to the kale.
8. Gently toast the pine nuts in a pan, until golden. Slice the spring onions.
9. Add all the prepared ingredients to the kale, toss gently and serve.
For more egg-cellent egg recipes head over to the Eggs website and egg-splore: Australian Eggs
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!