Hank’s Jams are made by slow reduction cooking using lots of fresh fruit, and have been for over 2 decades. Founded in 1993 by chef Hank Doudeswell in his spare time the brand has grown from a marmalade to an extensive range of jams, chutneys and relishes.
Summer fast approaches so the idea of pizza for dinner on a hot summers night is quite appealing. How good does this Chili Jam, Rocket, Prosciutto & Goat’s Cheese Pizza look?
Chilli Jam, Rocket, Prosciutto & Goat’s Cheese Pizza
Preparation Time: 20 minutes + 1 hour rising
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
¾ cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon castor sugar
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups ‘00’ Italian flour
¾ teaspoon salt
Hank‘s Chilli Jam
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced
100g goat’s fetta, crumbled
6-8 slices prosciutto
1. In a small bowl place the warm water, yeast, sugar and oil. Stir all the ingredients together and let it stand for 5-10 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
2. In a large mixing bowl place the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture. Using your hands gently bring the mixture together to form a rough dough.
3. Take the dough out of the bowl and place onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 10 minutes until the dough feels smooth and elastic. Place into a clean, oiled bowl and cover lightly with a tea towel. Let it sit for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
4. Preheat oven to 250°C. Place a pizza stone into the oven 30 minutes prior to cooking to preheat.
5. Remove the dough from the bowl and knock out the air with your fist. Divide the dough into three even sized balls. Place each ball of dough onto a piece of baking paper and roll out into rounds of about 25cm. Prick each base evenly with a fork.
6. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of Hank’s Chilli Jam onto each base leaving about a 2cm gap around the edge. Place the sliced cherry tomatoes, goat’s cheese and prosciutto evenly among each pizza.
7. Carefully take the pizza on the baking paper and place onto the pizza stone. Bake each pizza for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and top with the rocket. Slice and serve immediately. Repeat with the remaining pizzas.
Hank’s Jam products are available fromWoolworths, IGA, David Jones, Qantas Business Lounge, a wide range of gourmet delicatessens and online.
For more information, stockists and to purchase online visit: www.hanksfood.com
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!