The following recipe and tips from DéLonghi will have you whipping up a yummy affogato in less than one minute:
Throwing a dinner party for friends? Looking for a great dessert recipe? Quick and easy to make, affogato is a traditional yet delicious Italian dessert and a clever way to combine the after-dinner coffee with a sweet ice-cream treat.
To ensure you’re serving the best tasting coffee every time, consider using the NEW DéLonghi PrimaDonna XS fully automatic coffee machine – capable of producing even the most complex of coffee orders at the touch of a button.
Five steps to perfecting the affogato dessert:
- Fill a glass, mug or small bowl with 2-3 scoops of your favourite flavour ice-cream or gelato
- Select the double espresso function on your coffee machine – try the PrimaDonna XS for best results – and pop a glass underneath each spout to capture two shots with one button to save you time
- Pour a shot of hot espresso coffee over the ice cream
- For an extra hit of flavour add an extra shot of chocolate, coffee-flavoured liqueur or even a couple of chocolate coated coffee beans
- For those with a really sweet tooth try adding whipped cream to your affogato or serve with biscotti for that finishing touch
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x